MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE SOUTH NEWTON AND STOFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Held in the Village Hall on Wednesday 1st July, 2015 at 7.30 pm
Present: Cllr D Blake (Chairman), C. Webb (Clerk), Cllr L. Sherlock, Cllr M. Pont, Cllr. N. Blake,
Cllr Peter Edge (Wiltshire Councillor), Cllr. J. Green
Apologies: Cllr H. Swanton, Cllr. R. Henstridge, Cllr H. Bryans
1. MINUTES – The Minutes of the last meeting on Thursday 10th June, 2015 were agreed and signed as correct.
2. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
a) Styles at South Newton and Stoford- Clerk to check who is responsible for repairs.
b) Re-painting of 30 m.p.h. sign Stoford.- Clerk to chase job number 249569 – Mark Stansby.
c) Drainage trench on footpath to Great Wishford – Passed to Great Wishford Parish Council. N.F.A.
d) Subsidence problems – footpath to South Newton and Wishford Village Hall – Clerk to chase
Highways again – Councillors concerned over trip hazard - reference number 249553.
e) Parking Issues on hammerhead at Vale View Road junction – Cllr N. Blake confirmed still a
worrying problem and will be discussing with local authorities.
f) Public footpath around field adjacent to Bonham’s Bridge – Cllr. R. Henstridge still pursuing
g) Overgrown Pathway to Bonham’s Bridge has been reported to Highways Department.
j) Litter Bin for Vale View Road – Cllr D Blake to arrange fitting of a replacement.
3. Wiltshire Councillor’s Report – Cllr P. Edge discussed:
- email received by the Clerk from Lieutenant Colonel Parker of Salisbury and District Royal Society Environmental Working Group and confirmed that there was no truth in the rumour that a proposed Development would be moved to the west side of Fugglestone Road, Wilton and Chairman D. Blake also confirmed that no conversations had taken place relating to this.
- Metro Counts for both A36 Stoford and C283 have been requested.
- A Housing Tenants meeting has been booked for 7th July at the Swan Inn Stoford.
- Next C.A.T.G. is 20th July.
4. AREA BOARD Next meeting 29th July at Wilton
5. STANDING AGENDA ITEMS
a. Accidents- None reported
b. i) Declaration of interest – None.
ii) Planning applications – Mr. & Mrs. Swanton of Willow Cottage South Newton, 2 Storey Extension
and a single Storey extension – No objections raised by Councillors.
c. Rights of Way – Pathway to Bonham’s Bridge – several complaints reported to Councillors in
d. Environmental/Amenities – Cllr. D. Blake confirmed Air Ambulance collection bin regularly used.
e. Website – June 2015 – 6,272 visits. Councillors agreed to re-build of website. Thanks were
passed to Mr. Tim Wilton for all his work on the website.
f. A36/C283 – Clerk to chase up repainting sign on road and potholes are in hand. Cllr. P. Edge to
apply for a metro count and will also chase ongoing situation of metro count for A36.
a) Payment to Clerk – June 2015 passed.
b) Tax to H.M.R.C. passed.
7. VILLAGE HALL
- Two day six a side – Event went very well and all proceeds raised by the Village Hall will go towards the New Hall Extension Fund.
- June Film Night and Breakfast Morning – both poorly attended but thanks to all who continue to support both these events.
- Fete on 11th July – please come and support.
8. CORRESPONDENCE: -
- Kompan quote received for repairs to Play Area £351.28 Cllr D. Blake to discuss with P.C. Yung about re-imbursement.
- Neighbourhood Watch report – No local crime reported this month.
- Co-Option of Casual Vacancy - Cllr N. Blake proposed Ms. Karen Norman who has expressed an interest. Councillors agreed to invite Ms. Norman to next meeting 2nd September, 2015.
9. COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
Cllr. M. Pont:
- Confirmed he will attend a Transport Bus meeting.
- A vote of thanks was passed by Cllr M. Pont for Mr. M. Petty for fitting the bench behind the Bus Shelter at Stoford and for all the years of dedicated service the three generations of the Petty family who have served as Councillors of Stoford.