MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE SOUTH NEWTON AND STOFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Held in the Village Hall on Thursday 2nd October, 2014 at 7.30 pm
Present: Cllr D Blake (Chairman), C. Webb (Clerk), Cllr J Green, Cllr M Petty, Cllr M Pont,
Cllr. L. Sherlock, Cllr. H. Bryans
In Attendance: Cllr Peter Edge (Wiltshire Councillor for Wylye)
Apologies: Cllr H. Swanton, Cllr R. Henstridge, Cllr N Blake
2. MINUTES – The Minutes of the last meeting on Wednesday 3rd September, 2014 were agreed and signed as correct.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
a) Stoford Cut Layby storage – Cllr. M. Petty to contact Mr. Lee Haine,
b) Yellow lines in car park at South Newton – Need to encourage local residents to use Car Park –
agreed to arrange a consultation to get local views.
c) Light outside South Newton & Wishford Village Hall – Not Council responsibility Cllr P Edge to
check with S.E.B.
d) Footpaths between Chilhampton to bridges at Wilton – passed to Mr. Lee Haine awaiting
e) South Newton Estate curbs – clumps of weed and grass. – passed to Mr. Lee Haine awaiting
f) Styles at South Newton – In hand with Cllr. H. Swanton.
g) Re-painting of 30 m.p.h. sign Stoford.- passed to Mr. Lee Haine - awaiting response
h) Drain A283/A36 junction – passed to Mr Lee Haine – awaiting response.
i) Obscured sign to Trading Estate South Newton – In hand
j) Drainage trench on footpath to Great Wishford – Cllr R. Henstridge to look into.
k) Subsidence problems – footpath to South Newton and Wishford Village Hall – passed to Mr. Lee
Haine - awaiting response.
l) Public footpath around field adjacent to Bonham’s Bridge – Light gang unable to help passed to
Nick Cowen, the Footpath Rights of Way Officer for South Wiltshire.
4. Wiltshire Councillor’s Report – Cllr P. Edge
- Cllr. P. Edge reported that training for volunteers for salt spreading required from each parish on 9th and 11th October at Farmer Giles. Cllr J Green and Cllr M. Petty to attend. Bus Consultation now ended.
- Fire Service Consultation on 13th October at Michael Herbert Hall. Area Board meeting 8th October, 2014 to include Healthcare and Public Rights of Way, Dementia Awareness. Survey local community on Youth Provision – what do the youth want in the community. Cllr D. Blake to ask through Village Hall.
5. AREA BOARD
Next Area Board Meeting on 8th October, 2014 details on Wiltshire Council website.
6. STANDING AGENDA ITEMS
a. Accidents –
1) A36 Thursday 25th September, - car and lorry hit head on under bridges at Wilton.
2) Caravan and Mobile Home collision at Stoford.
b. i) Declaration of interest – None.
ii) Planning applications – None
c. Rights of Way - Cllr. D. Blake to discuss with Cllr H Swanton re styles. Cllr L. Sherlock reported
footpath sign at the end of Forge Close – discuss with Cllr R. Henstridge.
d. Environmental/Amenities – Cllr. D. Blake and Cllr. H. Bryans both reported incidents of rubbish
being thrown from cars.
e. Website – up to 5,961 visits to the website in September, 2014. Youth Survey to be put on
website – What do the youth want?
f. A36/C283 – Roadworks booked 29th September, Stoford Bottom but not actioned.
b) Payment to Clerk – September payment confirmed. Clerk expenses passed.
Grant Thornton payment passed.
8. VILLAGE HALL
- Annual General Meeting to be held on Thursday 16th October, 2014 at 7.00 p.m. at the Village Hall.
- Breakfast Morning on 25th October, 2014 – tickets to be ordered in advance.
Correspondence – None
9. COUNCILLOR’S REPORTS
- Cllr M. Petty – Overgrown area adjacent to Great Wishford Bridge now cleared but small area needs more work to be completed in the Winter.
- Cllr L. Sherlock – Weeds growing through seat in bus stop at South Newton - Cllr D. Blake to clear.
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.10 pm.
The next Parish Council meeting will take place on Wednesday 5th November, 2014 at 7.30pm,
at the Village Hall