MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE SOUTH NEWTON AND STOFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Held in the Village Hall on Wednesday 4th November, 2015 at 7.30 pm
Present: Cllr D Blake (Chairman), C. Webb (Clerk), Cllr M. Pont, Cllr. N. Blake
Cllr. H. Bryans, Cllr. K. Norman
In Attendance: P.C. Yung, Cllr Peter Edge (Wiltshire Councillor), Mrs Black (Resident)
Apologies: Cllr R. Henstridge, Cllr. J. Green, Cllr L. Sherlock, Cllr H. Swanton
The committee welcomed P.C. Yung to the meeting who first reported that an arrest and conviction had been made relating to break-ins at Stoford Buildings. P.C. Yung sated that changes within the next 12 months to three year may happen relating to Rural Policing and that he would keep us informed. Concerns were raised by Mrs. Black a parishioner of Stoford, relating to speeding, weight restrictions to traffic and dangers to pedestrians on the C283. It was confirmed that the recent metro count carried out on C283 was too low for a speed watch. Wiltshire Councillor P.Edge re-iterated need to report issues through the Wiltshire App. Further discussions included possible calming measures on C283. It was agreed to raise this at next CATG meeting in March 2016 and Clerk to email Council ref. possible weight restrictions.
1. MINUTES – The Minutes of the last meeting on Wednesday 7th October, 2015 were agreed and signed as correct.
2. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
a) Styles at South Newton and Stoford- Cllr H. Swanton confirmed have now been repaired.
b) Re-painting of 30 M.P.H. sign Stoford.- C.A.T.G.
c) Subsidence problems – footpath to South Newton and Wishford Village Hall – Clerk reported in
hand with Wiltshire Council
d) Parking Issues on hammerhead at Vale View Road junction – Cllr. N. Blake reported that
recent meeting of Residents Meeting parishioners expressed concern and that the Association
were to arrange a leaflet drop to houses involved.
e) Public footpath around field adjacent to Bonham’s Bridge – Cllr. R. Henstridge to arrange a
working party in late November, 2015.
f) Litter Bin for Vale View Road – Cllr D Blake to arrange fitting of a replacement. To be put on the
corner of St. Andrews Road and Vale View Road.
g) Overgrown weeds on Trading Estate, South Newton – Clerk reported owners to arrange for
work to be carried out.
3. Wiltshire Councillor’s Report – .Wiltshire Councillor Mr. P. Edge reported that:
- The next C.A.T. G. meeting will be held in March, 2016 and the theme will be depravation of children in Wilton, Mere and Tisbury areas.
- Emergency Planning Seminar at Dinton Village Hall on 23rd November, to include catastrophic events e.g. flu Epidemic and flooding plans.
- Community Governance Review ongoing - changes to boundary of South Newton at Wilton / South Newton border.
- Rate increases expected in 2016-17.
- Possible amenities cuts to come.
- The plans for the re-opening of a Railway Station at Wilton are progressing well.
4. AREA BOARD Next meeting: Wednesday 9th December, 2015
5. STANDING AGENDA ITEMS
a. Accidents- none
b. i) Declaration of interest – None.
ii) Planning applications – None
c. Rights of Way –Broken Stiles at Stoford – Clerk to contact local farmers.
d. Environmental/Amenities – Clerk to contact Wiltshire Air Ambulance to request the emptying of
e. Website – Cllr. D. Blake confirmed over 8,200 visits this month, showing that there is an
increase of awareness of website.
f. A36/C283 – Clerk to report problem with a drain at the bottom of C283.
a. Payment to Clerk –October, 2015 passed.
b. Expenses to Clerk passed.
7. VILLAGE HALL Cllr H. Bryans confirmed: