MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE SOUTH NEWTON AND STOFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Held in the Village Hall on Wednesday 5th November, 2014 at 7.30 pm
Present: Cllr D Blake (Chairman), C. Webb (Clerk), Cllr J Green, Cllr M Pont,
Cllr. L. Sherlock, Cllr. H. Bryans, Cllr N. Blake, Cllr. R Henstridge, Cllr H. Swanton
In Attendance: Cllr Peter Edge (Wiltshire Councillor for Wylye)
Apologies: Cllr M. Petty
2. MINUTES – The Minutes of the last meeting on Thursday 2nd October, 2014 were agreed and signed as correct.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
a) Stoford Cut Layby storage – ongoing with Mr. Lee Haine,
b) Yellow lines in car park at South Newton – letter to be distributed to residents.
c) Light outside South Newton & Wishford Village Hall – Cllr P. Edge confirmed now reported to
SEB awaiting response.
d) Footpaths between Chilhampton to bridges at Wilton – Now cut and cleared.
e) South Newton Estate curbs – clumps of weed and grass. – passed to Mr. Lee Haine awaiting
f) Styles at South Newton - Cllr. H. Swanton to look into.
g) Re-painting of 30 m.p.h. sign Stoford.- Cllr. J. Green and Cllr M. Pont to discuss at CATG
h) Drain A283/A36 junction – passed to Mr Lee Haine – awaiting response.
i) Obscured sign to Trading Estate South Newton – Now cleared.
j) Drainage trench on footpath to Great Wishford – Clerk to contact Great Wishford Parish Council
k) Subsidence problems – footpath to South Newton and Wishford Village Hall – passed to Mr. Lee
Haine - awaiting response.
l) Public footpath around field adjacent to Bonham’s Bridge – Cllr R. Henstridge to contact Mr. N.
4. Wiltshire Councillor’s Report – Cllr P. Edge
- Cllr. P. Edge reported that all Wiltshire Council meetings now available on Webcast.
- Fire Consultation now completed results in favour of combining with Dorset Fire Service.
- Youth Community Officer Nicola Sage meeting arranged on 26th November 5.30 p.m. all local youth invited.
- Wiltshire County Council withdrawing funding of Speed Indicator Devices - each Parish will have to fund now.
5. AREA BOARD
Next Area Board Meeting on 11th December, 2014 details on Wiltshire Council website.
6. STANDING AGENDA ITEMS
a. Accidents- None reported
b. i) Declaration of interest – None.
ii) Planning applications – White Gables, Stoford – all Councillors voted to support.
c. Rights of Way - Cllr. L. Sherlock reported arrow sign through Forge Close missing.
d. Environmental/Amenities – Cllr. R. Henstridge reported fly tipping of hedge cuttings on track
e. Website – October 2014 – 5,939 visits.
f. A36/C283 – Cllr. J. Green expressed disappointment that only a few potholes at the junction with
A36 repaired. Large areas of C283 still need attention and will discuss at next C.A.T.G. meeting.
b) Payment to Clerk – October payment confirmed.
Payment to N. Moss agreed and passed.
8. VILLAGE HALL