MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE SOUTH NEWTON AND STOFORD PARISH COUNCIL
held in the Village Hall on Wednesday 6th November 2013 at 7.30 pm
Present: Cllr D Blake, Cllr J Green, Cllr M Petty, Cllr H Bryans and A Simons (Clerk)
In attendance: Cllr Peter Edge (Wiltshire Councillor for Lower Wylye)
1. APOLOGIES – Cllr N Piner, Cllr B Blake, Cllr M Pont and Cllr H Swanton
2. Wiltshire Councillor’s Report - Cllr Peter Edge Levy on large supermarkets, to pay towards car parking, is to be discussed at the next Wiltshire Council Meeting. The next CATG meeting is to be held at Dinton Village Hall on 18 November 2013. It is hoped that the C283 road with regards to weight restrictions, will be discussed. Wi-Fi can be applied for by the Village Hall Committee as soon as possible. Any Grant applications can be applied for on-line January/February 2014.
3. MINUTES - The Minutes of the last Meeting on 2nd October 2013 were agreed and signed as correct.
4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
Light outside of the village hall still requires replacement bulb. Wiltshire Council have advised it is not their responsibility. Cllr M Petty will make enquiries with SSE.
5. AREA BOARD
Cllr Peter Edge reported that Cllr Jane Scott was in attendance at the recent Area Board meeting and gave an overview on funds. There will be additional funding around the county for roads that require resurfacing. Details of any roads that need urgent repair should be submitted to CATG.
6. STANDING AGENDA ITEMS
a. Accidents - none reported in our area.
i) Declaration of interest - none.
ii) Planning applications – one application received, in respect of a garage at a property in
Stoford. The Parish Councillors unanimously agreed that the Parish Council would have no
c. Rights of Way - no new reports this month.
d. Environmental/Amenities - grit bin on junction Jubilee Terrace/St. Andrews Road requires
filling. Clerk has submitted request to Wiltshire Council.
e. Website - 4,302 visits to the website for October 2013.
f. A36/C283 - Speeding on A36 - Clerk has requested information from Wiltshire Council again, in
respect of Community Speed Watch and if the funding has been re-instated. Stephen Harris from
Wiltshire Council has replied advising that he will find out this information on behalf of the Parish
Council and report back.
a) No payment to Clerk this month. Clerk advised that minutes etc. would be carried out on a
voluntary basis until further notice.
b) Fence repairs to play area South Newton. Cllr D Blake advised that four quotes have been
received these were discussed and Cllr M Petty proposed that the Parish Council should proceed
with the quote for the first part of the fence costing £2160.00 including VAT. This payment would be
part of South Newton and Stoford Parish Council’s contribution towards the play area project.
Cllr D Blake requested that the Clerk send a letter to Mr and Mrs Holmes advising that the Parish
Council have agreed that the fence adjoining their property is to be repaired first, as a priority. Cllr
Blake will ask the fencing contractor to carry out this work as soon as possible.
8. VILLAGE HALL Village Hall extension - still awaiting specifications and costings from architect. The 200 Club are still looking for new members. Christmas Bingo taking place in December.
9. COUNCILLOR’S REPORTS
Cllr H BryansArea by the pull-in by the Wessex Water station on the A36, South Newton still requires clearing of rubbish, cans and silt. Clerk has reported to Wessex Water. Vehicles are speeding on the estate in South Newton. Query whether “slow – children” signs could be put up.
Cllr J GreenPotholes on C283 are still an issue. Cllr Ian West is gathering information for our area.
Cllr D Blake Window in bus shelter, by Jubilee Terrace, South Newton require replacement. Clerk has contacted Glasdons for a quote, however they have replied and requested further information and photographs. Clerk reported to Cllr D Blake who will look into it.
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.04 pm.
The next Parish Council Meeting will take place on Wednesday 4th December 2013 at 7.30pm, in the Village Hall.