MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE SOUTH NEWTON AND STOFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Held in the Village Hall on Wednesday 7th January, 2015 at 7.30 pm
Present: Cllr D Blake (Chairman), C. Webb (Clerk), Cllr J Green, Cllr M Pont, Cllr. L. Sherlock, Cllr. H. Bryans, Cllr N. Blake, Cllr M. Petty
In Attendance: Cllr Peter Edge (Wiltshire Councillor for Wylye)
Apologies: Cllr. R. Henstridge, Cllr H. Swanton
1. A resident from Stoford expressed concerns over the speed of traffic and safety issues relating to crossing the A36. Cllr D. Blake explained that many issues, campaigns and proposals had been made over many years but Wiltshire Cllr P. Edge confirmed he would reiterate the concerns at the next C.A.T.G. meeting on 12th January, 2015. The council are currently awaiting confirmation of Speed Watch.
2. MINUTES – The Minutes of the last meeting on Thursday 5th November, 2014 were agreed and signed as correct.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
a) Stoford Cut Layby storage – Now resolved.
b) Yellow lines in car park at South Newton – letter to be distributed to residents.
c) Light outside South Newton & Wishford Village Hall – Now resolved thanks passed to Wiltshire
Councillor Mr. P. Edge.
d) South Newton Estate curbs – clumps of weed and grass. – Review in Spring 2015
e) Styles at South Newton - Cllr. H. Swanton to look into.
f) Re-painting of 30 m.p.h. sign Stoford.- Cllr. J. Green and Cllr M. Pont to report to CATG meeting.
g) Drain A283/A36 junction – Clean at the moment, need to clear surrounding bank of debris from
drain. Clerk to report to Balfour Beatty.
h) Drainage trench on footpath to Great Wishford – Clerk to contact Great Wishford Parish Council
i) Subsidence problems – footpath to South Newton and Wishford Village Hall – passed to Mr. Lee
Haine - awaiting response.
j) Fence to Sutton Close, South Newton – Cllr D. Blake confirmed photos now sent to Housing
k) Traffic Sign on A36 leaving west of South Newton – C. Webb to report to Balfour Beatty.
l) Parking concerns Oak Close, South Newton – No new issues raised.
m) Public footpath around field adjacent to Bonham’s Bridge – Cllr R. Henstridge to contact Mr. N.
4. Wiltshire Councillor’s Report –
- Cllr P. Edge reported that the light outside South Newton & Wishford Village Hall has now been repaired.
- Wiltshire Council meeting to be held on 5th February, 2015 at The Guildhall to confirm budgets for 2015-16.
- Wiltshire Fire Service to be amalgamated with Dorset Fire Service, now to be Dorset & Wiltshire Fire Service.
5. AREA BOARD
Next C.A.T.G. meeting on 12th January, 2015
6. STANDING AGENDA ITEMS
a. Accidents- One reported at Chillhampton pre-Christmas, no details reported.
b. i) Declaration of interest – None.
ii) Planning applications – Mr. & Mrs Hutchinson, conversion of ground floor shop area into self-
contained flat / Granny annex.
c. Rights of Way - Cllr. L. Sherlock reported continuing concerns over upkeep of footpath from
Bonham’s Bridge to Waterfall – Clerk to contact River Keeper.
d. Environmental/Amenities – None reported
e. Website – Bill for £54.99 to cover Website expenses and re-registering the domain name for 2
f. A36/C283 – Cllr. J. Green expressed disappointment that only a few potholes at the junction with
A36 repaired. Large areas of C283 still need attention and will discuss at next C.A.T.G. meeting.
b) Payment to Clerk – November and December payments confirmed.
Payment to T. Wilton for Website
8. VILLAGE HALL
- Christmas Bingo was a success and raised £340.00.
- 200 Club still going well.
- Christmas walk raised £115.00 for New Hall Changing rooms.
- Next Breakfast morning 31st January, 2015 9.00-11.00 a.m.
9. COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
- Cllr M. Petty – Confirmed we are now in receipt of 1 Tonne of Salt. Cllr. D. Blake to find a suitable
- Storage area in South Newton. Hand spreaders to be delivered and need to ensure bins are restocked.
- Cllr M. Pont – Bus Layby at Stoford need to clear weeds off kerbstones – Clerk to contact Highways.
- Cllr J. Green – Need to amend notice in Parish Magazine that minutes are also available in Stoford Council noticeboard
10. Correspondence: Wiltshire Citizens Advice letter – Cllr L. Sherlock proposed discuss further at
There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.12 pm.
The next Parish Council meeting will take place on Wednesday 4th February, 2015 at 7.30pm,
at the Village Hall