MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE SOUTH NEWTON AND STOFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Held in the Village Hall on Wednesday 7th October, 2015 at 7.30 pm
Present: Cllr D Blake (Chairman), C. Webb (Clerk), Cllr L. Sherlock, Cllr M. Pont, Cllr. N. Blake
Cllr. J. Green, Cllr. H. Bryans, Cllr H. Swanton, Cllr. K. Norman
Apologies: Cllr Peter Edge (Wiltshire Councillor), Cllr R. Henstridge
1. MINUTES – The Minutes of the last meeting on Wednesday 2nd September 2015 were agreed and signed as correct.
2. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
a) Styles at South Newton and Stoford- Cllr H. Swanton confirmed in hand.
b) Re-painting of 30 M.P.H. sign Stoford.- C.A.T.G.
c) Subsidence problems – footpath to South Newton and Wishford Village Hall – Clerk reported
in hand with Wiltshire Council
d) Parking Issues on hammerhead at Vale View Road junction – Cllr. N. Blake has received
further complaints, agreed to arrange a further meeting with local police.
f) Public footpath around field adjacent to Bonham’s Bridge – Cllr. R. Henstridge to arrange a
working party in late November 2015.
j) Litter Bin for Vale View Road – Cllr D Blake to arrange fitting of a replacement. To be put on
the corner of St. Andrews Road and Vale View Road.
3. Wiltshire Councillor’s Report – Chairman Cllr D. Blake read out an email received from Wiltshire Councillor Mr. P. Edge.
- Wiltshire Council is currently undertaking a Community Governance Review in which South Newton are affected.
- Cllr D. Blake will contact Mr. R Williams also Cllrs J. Green and M. Pont to attend Meeting in Guildhall, Salisbury on 15th October 2015.
4. AREA BOARD
Next meeting: Wednesday 7th October, 2015
5. STANDING AGENDA ITEMS
a. Accidents- Two cars involved at Stoford Cut on 28th September.
b. i) Declaration of interest – None.
ii) Planning applications – None
c. Rights of Way – None
Cllr. M. Pont confirmed new bus timetables are now available online.
Cllr. L. Sherlock asked for all to be vigilant concerning litter especially rusted cans as these
can be a danger to animals.
e. Website – Cllr. D. Blake read out email September 2015 – 7,771 visits this month – the
f. A36/C283 – Cllr J. Green and Cllr. M. Pont to arrange a meeting with Lee Haine to discuss the
issues relating to Stoford and specifically the C 283 and discuss the possibility of a metro count.
a) Payment to Clerk –September 2015 passed.
b) Payment to Grant Thornton for Audit.
c) Payment to Kompan for replacement equipment.
Clerk confirmed the official opening of the Vale View Road Play Area will be Saturday 31st October, at
7. VILLAGE HALL