MINUTES OF A MEETING OF THE SOUTH NEWTON AND STOFORD PARISH COUNCIL
Held in the Village Hall on Wednesday 13th August, 2014 at 7.30 pm
Present: Cllr D Blake (Chairman), C. Webb (Clerk), Cllr J Green, Cllr M Petty, Cllr H Bryans, Cllr M Pont, Cllr R. Henstridge, Cllr. L. Sherlock, Cllr N. Blake
In Attendance: Cllr Peter Edge (Wiltshire Councillor for Wylye), Mr. Reeten Banerji
Apologies: Cllr H. Swanton
2. MINUTES – The Minutes of the last meeting on Wednesday 2nd July, 2014 were agreed and signed as correct.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
a) Stoford Cut Layby – Cllr M. Pont and Cllr. M Petty concerned that this is now being used for fly-
tipping. Cllr P Edge suggested CCTV signs be installed as a deterrent.
b) Yellow lines in car park at South Newton – Photos have now been taken of problems with parking
and the Committee agreed to write to Housing Manager about concerns re parking on
hammerheads of Vale View Road, and Oak Close. Cllr N. Blake and Cllr L Sherlock to attend
Tenant’s Association meeting to express concerns about Health and Safety and Emergency Vehicle
c) Light outside South Newton & Wishford Village Hall – Cllr M. Petty reported no progress with this
issue. Agreed Clerk to write to SEB Lighting Contract Department to express concerns about
dangers relating to the control box.
d) Footpaths through South Newton to bridges at Wilton. Clerk confirmed email received from
Chris Pouard (Highways Inspector Area 2 South) confirming information has been passed onto
operatives. Cllr P. Edge suggested this be added to list of priorities re meeting with Lee Haines and
a representative from Balfour Beatty Living Places on 3rd September. Cllr N. Blake agreed to
represent Parish Council and raise any other issues.
e) Visibility problems adjacent to bus stop at Stoford – This will be added to list for meeting of 3rd
f) Stiles at South Newton – Cllr H. Swanton to report back to Committee.
g) Fishing Lines – Cllr M. Pont has discussed situation with river keeper Adrian Symmonds who is
aware of problem.
h) Rubbish bins on South Newton Estate – Cllr H. Bryans confirmed Wiltshire Council were
unaware of the bin near play area and will now empty with other two bins on estate.
i) Repainting of 30 m.p.h. sign at Stoford. – Cllr M. Pont to report to next C.A.T.G. meeting.
j) Dog Fouling signs – Cllr M. Petty confirmed 10 new signs now ready.
4. Wiltshire Councillor’s Report – Cllr P. Edge
Cllr P. Edge urged everyone to vote on consultation of kerbside garden waste collection – 3 options
A) Non-chargeable garden waste service with no collections taking place in December, January
B). No collections taking place in November, December, January, February and March or
C). To introduce a chargeable kerbside garden waste collection service instead of the current non-
Youth Service – Outreach now providing services “on the street”.
5. AREA BOARD
Next Area Board Meeting on 28th September will focus on Health with mini stalls including Dementia Care 3.30 pm to 7.30 pm.
6. STANDING AGENDA ITEMS
a. Accidents - A motorbike junction to Great Wishford.
i) Declaration of interest – None.
ii) Planning applications – None
c. Rights of Way - Cllr. R. Henstridge to email Nick Cowan – Rights of Way Officer- concerns over
upkeep of footpath from Bonham’s Bridge to waterfall, very overgrown.
d. Environmental/Amenities – Cllr. J. Green expressed concerns with slurry on fields – possibly
human - causing unpleasant smell. Cllr P. Edge confirmed need to contact Environmental Health at
the time of problem.
e. Website – up to 7,000 visits to the website in July 2014. Highest day 22nd with over 500 visits.
f. A36/C283 - Speeding on A 36 – Cllr M. Petty confirmed waiting for response from Leanne
Holmwood concerning Speed watch,
b) Payment to Clerk – July payment confirmed.
8. VILLAGE HALL
- Cllr H. Bryans reported Village Fete was a success.
- New extension plans in hand and further costs required for Building Regulations.
- Letters of thanks received from Wilton & District Thursday Club, St. Andrews Church South Newton and St. Mary’s Church Stoford.
- Neighbourhood Watch Bulletin – Theft in South Newton of 6 cans of pesticide and 1 can of fertilizer worth £510 from a storage unit at Manor Farm.
- New phone number to contact P.C Pete Jung, P.C. Jenny Moss and P.C. Ian Pedliham is 01722-438981 for non-urgent matters only.
- Wiltshire Council one Tonne salt bag scheme – storage to be organized by Cllr. M. Petty.
- New Local Highways Issue Reporting Procedure contact details: Tel : 0300-456-0105, App download MyWilts application to your smart phone. Email at: www.wiltshire.govuk/mywilts.
10. COUNCILLOR’S REPORTS
Cllr M. Pont –